Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Applesauce
Your slow cooker can be a lifesaver during holiday meals when sweet potatoes are a must and the oven is stuffed with turkey or ham and other fixings.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 8 Hours 15 Minutes
Makes 6 Servings
- 6 medium (2 pounds) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except nuts; spoon over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
Beta-Carotene:870%; Calories:350; Calories from Fat:110; Carbohydrate Choice:4; Cholesterol:15mg; Fat:2 1/2; Fruit:1/2; Insoluble Fiber:4g; Omega-3:1g; Other Carbohydrate:2 1/2; Potassium:670mg; Sodium:90mg; Soluble Fiber:1g; Starch:1/2; Total Carbohydrate:56g; Dietary Fiber:5g; Total Fat:12g; Monounsaturated Fat:2 1/2g; Polyunsaturated Fat:5g; Protein:4g; Saturated Fat:4 1/2g; Sugars:37g; Fats & Oils:2tsp; Fruits:1/4c; Meat & Beans:1oz-eq; Vegetables:1/2c;