Shrimp Fried Brown Rice
RECIPE PROVIDED BY CHEF EDRIC HAR FROM BROOKLYN WOK SHOP
½ lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut into bite sized pieces
2 C Cooked brown rice, cooled overnight
¼ C Onion, chopped
2 Scallions sliced thinly into rounds
½ tsp Fish sauce
¼ tsp Salt Pinch
Canola oil for cooking
1. Heat 12” non-stick sauté pan on medium high, with a small amount of oil till wisps of smoke appear.
2. Add onion and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add egg and scramble in the pan with the onions. Break it up as it cooks into small curds.
4. Add shrimp and sauté till they just turn pink.
5. Add rice and sauté, break up any clumps of rice if needed
6. Season with fish sauce, salt, and white pepper
7. Add scallions and toss to combine and serve