General Tso Chicken
RECIPE PROVIDED BY CHEF EDRIC HAR FROM BROOKLYN WOK SHOP
3 Boneless, skinless Chicken thighs cut into 1” pieces
2 C All Purpose Flour
½ C Ketchup
½ C Sugar
3 Tbs White Vinegar
¼ C Low Sodium Soy sauce
1Tbs Chili Oil
Canola Oil for cooking
1. Add ketchup, sugar, white vinegar, soy sauce, water and Chili oil to a pot. Heat till the sugar dissolves. Set aside and keep warm
2. Toss chicken thighs in flour till evenly coated. Shake off excess flour and set aside
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add enough canola oil to form a thin film at the bottom of the pan.
4. When the oil is hot, sauté the chicken pieces in batches until golden brown and cooked through
5. Drain the cooked chicken pieces on paper towels
6. Placed the cooked pieces into a pan over medium heat and toss together with enough sauce to coat.
7. Serve over rice.